The Kayak the Nile base, where we begin most of our kayaking trips and tours, is conveniently located on site at the Nile River Explorers campsite in Bujagali.
The campsite overlooks Bujagali lake and has one of the best sunset decks in Uganda. The lively bar and comfortable clean accommodation provides the perfect surroundings for relaxing after a long day kayaking on the water. Options for accommodation include camping, safari tents, dormitories and private rooms.
We also recommend having a look at the newly opened Kalagala Site. It’s got a wide range of accommodation options from their beautifully upmarket Wild Waters Lodge with luxury tents overlooking the rapids to the more basic Overland Campsite with safari tents, dorms and camping, they are sure to be a fit for any budget and all needs. We offer all our activities from here as well. Please note it’s about a 40min drive from Jinja town.
If you have any other questions about accommodation or would like to reserve your nights at either options please include it in your message when you book.
See all questions
- Which type of kayaking is best for me?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I wear?
- Will I get stuck in my kayak?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- I have a dietary requirement can you cater for me?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Are there any crocodiles or hippos?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- I want to buy a kayak, can you help me?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come work for Kayak the Nile?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Can I get a Ugandan tourist visa on the border?
- How much is a Ugandan tourist visa?
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Is coronavirus in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- What vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- What date us dollar can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
- How does the free Kampala – Jinja bus work?
- Can I get to you via public transport?
- How do I get from Entebbe airport to the river?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.