- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet in (shorts, t-shirt, swim wear)
- Any medication you may need (e.g. asthma pump, epi pen)
- Dry clothes for afterwards.
The guides all carry a first aid kit on the water where your medication will stay dry and easy to access.
The following will make your day more comfortable:
- Suncream – high factor and plenty of it, the river is notorious for washing off ‘waterproof’ suncream.
- Bottle for water – You can fill this up from our office before you leave if you don’t have any water.
If you need to leave belongings with us whilst on the water, you can do so at our office, which is manned during the day and locked when unoccupied. We also have a safe here for valuables/small items such as keys, phones and wallets.
For those who have booked a holiday/coaching course with us we will provide you with a kit list if you need to bring anything more than the above.
See all questions
- Which type of kayaking is best for me?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I wear?
- Will I get stuck in my kayak?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- I have a dietary requirement can you cater for me?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Are there any crocodiles or hippos?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- I want to buy a kayak, can you help me?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come work for Kayak the Nile?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Can I get a Ugandan tourist visa on the border?
- How much is a Ugandan tourist visa?
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Is coronavirus in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- What vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- What date us dollar can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
- How does the free Kampala – Jinja bus work?
- Can I get to you via public transport?
- How do I get from Entebbe airport to the river?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.