If you are visiting Uganda please bring US dollars dated 2009 and above.
Most banks and exchange bureaus here do not accept dollars dated before 2009, in order not to be stuck with dollars that you can’t use please make sure that all US dollars you bring are 2006 and above.
There is conflicting advice on the internet , some people saying 2001 and above is fine, this is outdated and best advice is to use 2009 and above.
Please note – across the country you will get a poorer exchange rate for notes below denominations of 50USD.
See all questions
- Which type of kayaking is best for me?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I wear?
- Will I get stuck in my kayak?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- I have a dietary requirement can you cater for me?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Are there any crocodiles or hippos?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- I want to buy a kayak, can you help me?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come work for Kayak the Nile?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Can I get a Ugandan tourist visa on the border?
- How much is a Ugandan tourist visa?
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Is coronavirus in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- What vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- What date us dollar can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
- How does the free Kampala – Jinja bus work?
- Can I get to you via public transport?
- How do I get from Entebbe airport to the river?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.