Once-in-a-lifetime experiences on the Nile
Your volunteers are embarking on a unique and rewarding journey by choosing to work in Uganda with you. To complement this, adding a Nile adventure to their trip will create the ultimate volunteer experience.
Not only do your volunteers benefit by choosing us, your organisation will benefit too, from a little extra funding as we offer 10% commission on all our activities. We’re also happy to discuss group discounts with you, or additional options like team building exercises.
Whilst your volunteers can do any of our options, we’ve hand picked these three for you below. All one day or shorter, these are easy to fit into a busy itinerary for individuals or groups, at any time of year.
Our recommendations for you
One day whitewater
More than just a one-off experience, a day of white water kayaking can lead to a life-long love affair with the sport.
Jinja is home to the official Source of the Nile. Join us in what we believe is the best way to discover it. These sociable fun tours are a great option for groups.
Grade 5 rapids at your own pace, go hard or slow. This is a great alternative to rafting for those looking for a different high adrenaline adventure.
“We were a school group of 17 with varied abilities in terms of kayaking. The guides were brillant, they were engaging and interesting and our students really enjoyed the whole experience, safety was paramount so we were very comfortable with the set up.
Providence, via Tripadvisor
Along with the trip information above you may find the following links and resources useful:
Activities and prices PDF 2016: This document is ideal for sending to your volunteers to give them a taste of what’s on offer at Kayak the Nile.
Price List 2016: A concise PDF of prices only.
Stock images: You’re welcome to use any of the images in this handy DropBox folder. If you have any specific requests for your own marketing, please do let us know.
YouTube: We’ve a number of videos online to whet your appetite.
Why choose Kayak the Nile?
We believe that all of our packages and kayaking activities provide opportunities to:
- develop skills and confidence in both water based and land based activities
- develop leadership and team building skills
- develop an appreciation for the outdoors and for outdoor activities
- learn more about this unique local region – its history, geography, landscape and environment
- have fun in a safe and controlled environment
Find out more about us.
Here at Kayak the Nile we pride ourselves on going above and beyond what is required and we are proud of the level of safety and the quality of service our team provides. Kayak the Nile
- Uses only CE (or equivalent) approved buoyancy aids, helmets and other safety equipment
- Uses excellent UK approved student/instructor ratios. The British Canoe Union advises a maximum of 1 instructor to 8 students, we have a maximum of 1 to 5, which is a self-imposed ratio which helps us increase the quality and safety of the activities. In addition to this, we often use additional assistant kayakers to further improve the quality of service.
- Uses only highly trained and qualified guides
- Has completed a full risk assessment on all activities and sections of river used
- Provides detailed safety briefings for all participants
- Ensures valid 16 hour first aid qualifications and white water safety training for all guides
- Continuously trains and mentors all staff, led by Sam Ward (GB Freestyle Kayak Team Coach).
- Has a child protection policy in place (available upon request)
- Can access a doctor on call in Jinja 24hrs
- Has a member of staff on call 24hrs