Answer: We want as many people as possible to find the kind of kayaking that they are suited to, take a look at the options below to find the option right for you. If you’re still not sure, just drop us an email and Celia will be happy to make a recommendation.
Gentle, calm & relaxed
Our Source of the Nile tour, Bujagali lake tours and freedom rentals are designed for you. Flat water, sunshine, birdwatching, and perhaps a few drinks – these options are for those who want a relaxing time out on the river;
Source of the Nile Tour
Our favourite way to see the source.
Bujagali Lake Tour
Chill out, or watch the birds.
The Nile at your pace.
The Nile has some of the world’s best whitewater and makes for one of the greatest learning environments for kayaking anywhere in the world. The people who join our tandem day or beginner courses generally have no experience of being in a kayak before; just a craving for adventure, want to learn a new skill and see Uganda in a completely different way.
Grade 5 Tandem Kayaking
For those with only 1 day in Jinja and want to get the real deal.
Introduction to Whitewater
Learn all the basics of kayaking and see why we like it so much. No experience necessary
Multi Day Courses
Take the Introduction day further – 5 days learning how to kayak on on of the world’s greatest rivers.
Intermediate & Advanced
Discover the Nile
A 3 day bolt on to the start of your Nile trip.
14 day Coaching Package
Improve your kayaking out on the big water.
The Nile is arguably one of the best places to work on your freestyle.
See all questions
- Which type of kayaking is best for me?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I wear?
- Will I get stuck in my kayak?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- I have a dietary requirement can you cater for me?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Are there any crocodiles or hippos?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- I want to buy a kayak, can you help me?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come work for Kayak the Nile?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Can I get a Ugandan tourist visa on the border?
- How much is a Ugandan tourist visa?
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Is coronavirus in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- What vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- What date us dollar can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
- How does the free Kampala – Jinja bus work?
- Can I get to you via public transport?
- How do I get from Entebbe airport to the river?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.