Getting to and from the river is relatively easy but does require a bit of organisation.
There are two main hubs that kayakers use, the Nile River Explorers campsite in Bujagali and the Hairy lemon island:
From NRE/Bujagali it is easiest to access:
- The Silverback to Kibibi section (a great grade 1-3 warm up)
- River run of the ‘Day Two’ or rafting section
- Park and Play at Super Hole (it is also possible to reach Nile Special as well)
The Hairy Lemon is better for:
- Nile Special & Club Wave
- Peace and quiet
To understand where all the put ins and take outs are please come to our office in Bujagali when you arrive. We have a map on the wall and we are happy to explain the logistics from there.
See all questions
- Which type of kayaking is best for me?
- What do I need to bring with me?
- What should I wear?
- Will I get stuck in my kayak?
- Do I need to book in advance?
- I have a dietary requirement can you cater for me?
- Can I bring a camera?
- Are there any crocodiles or hippos?
- Can I wear my glasses while kayaking?
- Do you sell nose-clips?
- I want to buy a kayak, can you help me?
- Am I expected to tip my guide?
- Can I come work for Kayak the Nile?
- How safe is Uganda?
- Can I get a Ugandan tourist visa on the border?
- How much is a Ugandan tourist visa?
- Power, electricity, and charging?
- What plug does Uganda use?
- Internet in Uganda
- Do I need a Yellow fever card?
- Can I drink the tap water?
- What language is spoken in Uganda?
- Is coronavirus in Uganda?
- Will I get malaria?
- Do I need a yellow fever vaccination?
- What vaccinations do I need for Uganda?
- Will I get bilharzia/schistosomiasis?
- What is the status of Ebola in Uganda?
- Are there ATMs in Jinja?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept credit card?
- What date us dollar can I use in Uganda?
- Where can I get Ugandan shillings?
- How does the free Kampala – Jinja bus work?
- Can I get to you via public transport?
- How do I get from Entebbe airport to the river?
Can’t find what your looking for? Ask us a quick question
or visit our contact us page if you are ready to book.